Comittment with the Planet
Environmental care as sign of identiy
The sustainability has been part of Valdecuevas identity from the beginning, and this is a commitment of The Martin Family. As a third-generation family business, we carry out our work applying regulations that ensure our successors will enjoy a much more sustainable world.
We are dedicated to our vineyards, this is the reason why we use techniques that seek sustainability
Good environmental practices in water management
- Vineyard with system of drip irrigation
- Hot water consumption is limited to cleaning the barrels, the bottling machine, the filters, the sinks and the closed circuit for heating the building and the vat casings
- Portable CIP system for washing the stainless steel vats
- Nitrogen-flushing system to clean the bottles before filling
- Treated water recycling
- Conscious team
Good environmental practices in energy management
- The winery building is properly insulated
- Natural lighting through skylights and windows
- Network to separate rainwater
- The grapes are harvested at night to reduce energy consumption
- Preventive maintenance
Good environmental practices in emissions reduction
We prioritise the use of natural fertilisers over chemical fertilisers in the fields
Supply chain: Bottles (we use lighter bottles) and Corks (we have replaced our synthetic plastic stoppers with granulated cork stoppers, whose production has a lower carbon footprint).
Good environmental practices in waste reduction
The waste management is carried out by authorised waste managers. A waste recovery takes place; Organic solid waste, Sewage sludge and Barrels.
We also have a policy of centralising purchases.
Building on the development of the environmental strategy and the minimisation of the environmental impact, a photovoltaic system has been installed to minimize the energy use and reduce environmental impact.
The sun is a renewable, inexhaustible and non-polluting source of energy. Our raw material, the grape, comes from nature and as such, we understand that its care is one of our priorities